Thursday, September 3, 2009

With the kids back in school, I am determined to finish my last entries into our Summer Journal 2009. It is difficult to recall all the details when you wait many days to write.....but we were camping last weekend and picking up our daughter from Drama Camp in Maine... and then, back home and then suddenly school starts.
So right when they go to school, I head straight for my studio and end up working on a dozen other projects, and not finishing up the SJ2009.
This one I made, using the same technique I teach in my workshop, Quilted Collage Seasonal Journal. Any of you who have taken this two-day workshop know we use a watercolor pad as our foundation.....well this year, I tried a drawing pad from Strathmore. I have to say I really like coloring, writing, stamping my journal entries on watercolor paper so much better. One year, I even used some high quality Fabriano paper I had and loved it! See it here. It was perfect for moving watercolors around. Watercolor paper is the best for bookmaking!
Back to creating more art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...