Monday, February 1, 2010

Beeswax Love Birds

Hi there, I am getting ready for my upcoming class this weekend at Ink About It in Westford, Mass. Check their blog, they just came back from CHA and the products they saw are looking yummy! Anyway, I have been creating these featherless friends and came up with a couple of adorable love birds. Just in time for Valentine's Day.
I had to mount them on a hanging branch, it just seemed right. Of course I used some random leftover wire that I had laying around for far too long, probably leftover from some household project. I had to colorize in with Ranger's alcohol inks, cranberry. Surprisingly the paper that I used the to make the purple birds was Lumiere and the shimmery essence came through the coat of beeswax. I loved that happy surprise. If you are coming to the class please make sure to bring a pencil and eraser in your kit, I know sounds ridiculous to ask, but you never know. Oh no....does that mean we're going to be doing some drawing!?? Hmmmmmm? I hope to see you there. Email me with any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...