Monday, February 8, 2010

Ink About It and a flock of Beeswax Birds!

What a fun time we had at Ink About It last weekend. I taught the Beeswax Birds class to the most creative group of ladies. All of the birds turned out so gorgeous. Seriously, see for yourself. Here, we have Denise's bird and Betsy's bird. They just needed to be photographed together. Here are Judy and Leslie and below is Jody with her fabulous red and gold bird. Here are Katie and Irene, and their birds just seemed perfect for each other. I brought my latest, the cardinal, (see above) and he inspired a few of the girls to make their own. Betsy, made a cute white washed bird with blue and brown. And below the adorable sisters, Melissa and Erica. Melissa's bird is pink gold metallic with purple swirls. It is hard to see its beauty in the picture. Very cool chicks, ladies! Above is Raine with her pretty rich colored blue bird. Below is Margaret with a teal beauty with orange accents Above is JoAnn and her super cool cardinal. At right, is Erica's bird before coming to life. I loved the collage style. Denise rightfully happy with her whimsical blue bird. Love those legs. Here is Sandy working on her bird, she snuck out of class before I could get a picture. But that's ok, because she was so kind to bring us all cigar boxes!Score. Ali here with her sweet little bird. The students were funny because I announced to all of them, the rub. I made them all draw out their own bird. No, they certainly were not happy about that. After a little coaxing we got through it. I had a few shout outs requesting a template and even though I had some for them to use, in the end, every single student kept their own bird that they drew themselves. Nice job gals. Thank you to all the great people at Ink About It and my eager and talented students.

2 comments:

  1. Autumn.. I had so much fun at your class. You made the day humorous. A sign of a great teacher... patience and humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had a blast. Wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...