Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Bright Lights for the New Year

With Christmas day behind us I am enjoying this slow week
before New Year's Eve.  I was playing with my camera the other evening and was reminded of a fun trick that my Mother-in-law taught me using the auto-focus mode on my digital camera.
Start with something like Christmas lights and  just point and shoot, hold down the button and move the camera around while shooting.  The auto-focus keeps the lens open while trying to find the focus, and thus.Creating these dazzling images. These pics are of the lights on our tree.  
They turned out quite cheery and bright. I added a colorful greeting....
And created a fancy looking image.
Perfect for sending a New Year's greeting to your friends and family.
The only limitation is your imagination and of course computer space.  It doesn't take long before you end up with about 50 or so of these playful pictures.  What did we do before digital cameras? 
To all of you, here is a New Year's greeting of peace and prosperity and of course many colorful lights.
Leave a note and let me know what you think.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...