Monday, January 10, 2011

Paint Brush Box Altered

For my birthday in November I got a boxed set of very nice 'faux sable" paint brushes which came with a set of small acrylic paints in tubes and a few other items like pencils, a stylus and eraser.  Since the paints were not of superior quality I just played with all the colors one day, on some copy paper and used them up to get dispose of them.
 Look, I know that sounds funny but often the manufacturers just throw in a set of paints to make it look fuller and then the color palette they use can't even mix up a decent spectrum of colors.  But if they were Golden, Liquitex or some other fine brand I would have kept them.  But as I look at this side where the paints were stored I saw potential for storing other paints and supplies.  So, I did what any artistic crafter would do, I altered the box to my needs.
I removed the plastic tray that held the paints and lined the inside of that side of the box with fabric.  I do adore black houndstooth.  Then I added some strips of foam core to run along the inside edges and sit low enough to allow a piece of matte board to rest on top to form a lid.  I cut it just snug enough to make it stay in place and cut a notch along the side for easy removing of the lid.  
Now,  I have the perfect travel case for my set of fine brushes and I can add my own supplies as needed and of course some stamps to take along.  

  I think it turned out to be rather clever, if I do say so myself.  Now, I am quite ready to take this nifty little art case some place fabulous this new year.   


   

2 comments:

  1. That is right up my alley, Autumn.. love it.. great idea!!! Hope you're enjoying this snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is so cool!
    Such a Brilliant Idea!
    I am such a horder, I wish I could just use things up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...