Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Gingersnap Creations Challenge-Jewel Colors

As I approached my last creation this month for Gingersnap Creations color challenge I knew I wanted to play with this stash of paper I have had for quite awhile, by Penny Black and yes, she still offers it on her site. It is a gold foil filigree on a white background which would be perfect for wedding designs. With the background white my instincts were to simply colorize it with instant bold color.I used my markers and made casual lines of vibrant jeweled toned colors. Then I had to wipe off the excess ink to better reveal the gold.  I trimmed the panel with a gold paper charm border that I toned down with a black marker.
Then I place this panel on a  black card stock that had been brushed loosely with a gold leaf sizing  medium and I used gold foil on that. I then mounted a stamped image of the heart and crown from A Stamp in the Hand (I have always love this stamp company!) which was accented with
gold and purple foil.  Shooting metallics is always tricky.
Here is an image of the paper as I was coloring it.  
Thanks to Gingersnap Creations and their creative team for inviting me to play along and to all of you who stopped by to see my work.
”Gingersnap

7 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, love it!

    I have a little something for you on my blog, hope you'll accept it.

    Hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all the beautiful colours you've used and the filigree is a joy to look at. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning, the gold looks sooo effective x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really liked this piece

    love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderfully done, Autumn! Thanks so much playing with us at Gingersnap Creations this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Autumn this is just stunning....The colors are so vibrant and beautiful !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...