Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Royal Pair, Visiting Art for GingerSnap Creations Blog

I am happy to be invited to be a visiting artist this month for Gingersnap Creations Blog.  The theme is Royalty and the first challenge is King and Queen. As I started digging through my stash of ephemera I originally was thinking of playing cards, but I came across some neglected collage sheets from Teesha Moore and when I saw the image of Einstein well, I knew I was off in another direction. He had to be King and I knew Mona Lisa had to be Queen (she came from an old collage sheet from Design Originals). I wanted to make some ATCs because I had not made any in awhile and making two is just as easy as making one.  I started with some Golden acrylic paints, printed papers, metallic papers, text papers, and one of my carved stamps of a crown which I embossed with Egyptian gold powder.

  
The other crown was from Teesha as well. I glued down some papers, added paints and  some gel medium transfers of tiny playing cards.  Of course, some fiber, black lace for the Queen and houndstooth for the King.
The heads and the crowns needed to be mounted on black cardstock to make them standout against the collaged paper. This gave me the perfect opportunity to give Mona a new 'do'... so I gave her some hair extensions, a bit of make-up too (colored pencils), I am sure she would be wouldn't mind. 
I adorned their crowns with foil, Stickles and a few pieces of bling, then I added some additional bling and other paper bits.
  
What I had forgotten that I enjoy about making ATC's is all the detail that you can just keep adding and adding and adding. Check back for next week's challenge.    



5 comments:

  1. Wow, these are gorgeous! So many wonderful details. It's so great to have you as a visiting artist at Gingersnap Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun! Adore all of the details. I'm honoured to be a Visiting Artist along with you. Looking forward to a fun month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies, thanks so much for the nice comments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...