Friday, February 11, 2011

SketchBook Challenge Two





Well, this Sketchbook Challenge has been exactly that for me.  This month's theme is 'Opposites' and I was wanting to do some actual drawing in my sketchbook.  As I was looking around my studio and thinking about what sort of opposite subject I could draw, it occurred to me that my "highly prized" stamps sit around looking at me carved side up and showing their opposite side.  Pardon me for stating the obvious, but when you look at the rubber side of a stamp it is in reverse, ok let's just say 'opposite'.  So there was my logo stamp and since it is already on the first page of my sketchbook I decided to draw it just as it is.

The image on the left I drew free hand. My drawing hand is really out of shape, it was a bit uncomfortable at first. Next I stamped the image on some tracing paper, flipped it over ( to make it opposite) and used  my light box to trace the actual stamped image.  I wanted to compare my free hand drawing to the traced drawing,  in which I reversed the negative and positive spaces, adding more of an opposite factor.   It was an interesting process.  I think I am going to have to keep that pencil (and eraser) closer at hand and try some more, good old fashioned drawing techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...