Saturday, March 26, 2011

Altered Calendar

Spring is here - yay! We had a long brutal winter here in New England, but I am not complaining. I still love this part of the country.  I had a bit of time this morning and the sunshine inspired me to do a quick little altered project.  I had this promotional calendar from a local bank and wanted to use it but wasn't fond of the advertising displayed on the the base.  So I decided to alter it with very own stamped pattern.
*ugh, one of these days I am going to have fabulous pictures on my blog :( 
Anyway, when I was finished, I cut the cute springtime pattern into strips and adhered them to the bottom of the calendar on both sides using gel medium. 
And created this cheery little calendar that I am to display anywhere in my house.
Thanks for stopping by. I would love to hear what you think so why not leave a comment, and please, please share with your friends. Enjoy the sunshine, and if you are somewhere today that the sun isn't shining, just know that it is there and finding its way to you soon.  

3 comments:

  1. Oh, by the way, I did stamp this pattern on graph paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your stamps, Autumn. So pretty and you are so not afraid of the colors.. Altering a calendar.. great idea. Don't you love looking at your art in the house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, thanks. Yes looking at my art in the house diverts my attention from the mess which has accumulated because of making art. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...