Thursday, March 24, 2011

Art Journaling

Art journaling is such a relaxing and inspiring process.  I have my friend Megan coming over today to do just that.  I always have pages ready to be filled with words and more imagery. Below are painted pages from several different journals.  This one is from a journal I made with large blank index cards. This page has a light coat of gesso, papers adhered with gel medium, stamped images and a wash of watercolor.
This next one in my Moleskine was just watercolor with an image stamped in gouache. The same stamp and gouache that I used in the journal above on the left. Almost hard to notice 
Watercolored page with random doodles. 
Another journal that I adhered envelope papers to the pages first. You know the insides of all those envelopes that come in the mail have such great designs. Then a bit of dry brushed gesso, stamps, paper and the outside wrapper from a book of postage stamps. 
On this page I adhered some paper and added acrylic paint.
Then with a some stamps and a watery coat of gesso it gave it a whole different look. 
These pages are ready for my words and more imagery.Which is what I did on these following pages. The first one had a big portion of printed paper and a chipboard frame.  



 I do enjoy the process of stamping out my words, it is very meditative and relaxing.  
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you are inspired to pick up your journal and have fun.

4 comments:

  1. Girl.. you are so good at this. The colors you use are breathtaking. I'm sure you a fun day with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the combination of colors in your journals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have inspired me to get to my journal. Lovely colors and combinations of desings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...