Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Summer Journal, A Look Back

How about a peek at my last year's Summer Journal? I didn't post many pictures of if last summer so now you can have a look.
The cover was lacking in my opinion.  I opted for more masculine colors and I do like the fabrics.... but I don't know.... it isn't one of my favorites. 
 The spine is stitched with two colors of waxed linen and I randomly threw some beads on one stitch along with an Adirondack chair charm.
Next, a bit of the back cover. Can you see the tiny embroidered flowers? I do love the 7 Gypsies printed twill tape...which they don't make anymore. Why they discontinued it....I have no idea. Does anyone know?
The full front cover...I just didn't go all out on embellishing the cover. But it does hold special memories so I'm glad about that.
The inside cover with a quilted ruched pocket. I do like this inside cover, the yellow fabric is leftover from years ago when I made my kitchen valances. 
 Below, is the back pocket, I usually make it larger to hold pamphlets and bigger items.
And now a look at some of the journaled pages....

 I actually saved some confetti from the Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular and attached to the page.




Thanks for stopping by. I hope you are enjoying your summer.
Remember if you want to make one of these beauties yourself see my Quilted Collage Journal E-tutorial in my Etsy shop. 






4 comments:

  1. My heart be still, Autumn.. It reminds me also of Autumn colors.. pun intended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judy, Enjoy the rest of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog. Pretty and interesting journals, and I hope the e-book is going well. What a lovely name you have.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...