Monday, August 15, 2011

Art Journaling Pages Backgrounds & Stamped Masking Tape

Here are some more of my art journal pages prepped and ready for my journaling.


If you have seen all the fabulous printed washi and fabric tapes available on Etsy and other craft stores, then you no doubt have been tempted to buy them.  I resisted buying them and played around with making my own. 
Here are my masking tape experiments...
This first one I stamped one of my own hand carved stamps with teal Staz-on ink and 
drew a white line with a Sharpie along the edges. 
Here is a close up
Next I used my teflon sheet to stamp out the patterns on the tape to make it easier on myself, stamping on a flat surface makes a big difference.
This one I used a manufactured stamp and used many layers of the tape. 
Here is the close-up
And finally another one with my own stamps.  
I think they turned out fun. Let me know what you think.
And I wanted to congratulate Kristine for winning my 
Blog giveaway.
Remember to check back each Friday for a new
  FREE collage element clip art.









4 comments:

  1. They are not just "fun", they are amazing!! You are way talented! Love your pages!
    Marianne :)
    ladybirdhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job and a great idea!
    Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to see artists using their own images rather than stock images and making your own tape is in the same vein. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autumn.. your journals/pages just make me want to sit in a big comfy chair and just look at them all day. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...