Monday, January 2, 2012

Collage Time

Last Friday I was able to get over to Ink About It and take a Play Time collage class by the very talented artist Kelly Kilmer. It was terrific fun and I explored a new style of collage. She directed us through several prompts and methods to make journal pages. Here is my first page.
Page One from my Collage Class with Kelly Kilmer
I used a bunch of tape. I adore the tape across the top with the wet circles. Who am I kidding? I adore all the tape and she had a bunch for us to play with.
My next page was on a royal blue background, more tape and some souffle pens and stencils. Fun.
Page Two of my class
My third page and I used my own stamp.
page four of KellyKilmer's
Many opportunities to fill these pages with more imagery and words.
Page three of class
As I was in my studio (ahhhh....) yesterday enjoying a reconnecting experience with myself, I came across an old altered pocket calender I had from 2009. 
Altered Pocket Calender (1)
My husband received from work through a vendor who had their name on the cover. 
I covered it with collage and gel medium. The numbers we stamped on small pieces of paint chips. I also added some rub-ons.
Altered Pocket Calender - my collage covers advertising originally on the the mini-calender
It held up well. I am hoping for another mini calender to find it's way to me this year. Even though so many of us use our electronic devices for organizing our time....something about using a paper calender that is better for me.  I altered another marketing calender last year too, see it here
Thanks for stopping by.


3 comments:

  1. Nice pages, Autumn. Kelly's great, isn't she. I've taken a workshop with her before.. great teacher and person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun Judy, I was hoping to see you in her class. You are right she is a great teacher and a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn, it was great to meet you! I really like your pages. I hope that you had fun in the class! Keep in touch and I hope to see you again! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...