Monday, February 6, 2012

Making a Journal from a Wall Map

.
I was going through my shelves of journals, mostly hand made and found this one that I made eight years ago. My friend had given me several vintage wall maps she picked up at a garage sale. They were folded and the creases where they were folded were the perfect size for a book page. I got the idea to make one of the maps into a journal. This is the result. The brown paper I created myself using clip art images that I enlarged on a black and white photocopier, then I washed the paper with matte medium mixed with walnut ink and when that was dry I stamped more black collage detail. The spine cover is scrapbook paper and then I added a ribbon for a finishing detail.
Map Journal, Inside front cover
Here you can see the inside cover. Again, I stamped paper to make it unique and colorful
.
Inside page of Map Journal
Inside page of Map Journal
Inside page of Map Journal
This is the inside of the back cover. By clicking on the photos it will take you to my Flickr account where you can see all the pages.
Inside Back Cover of Map Journal
I think it is time to fill the journal up. 

3 comments:

  1. Ooooooo... ahhhhhh.. wow.. that is so clever. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of maps for background pages Autumn! Just looked through your art journal pages...talent my friend...talent.
    Sue Clarke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Judy and Sue. I do love maps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...