Friday, October 26, 2012

Talk About Chalk

Since Pintrest has me and zillions of others obsessed with curating their own little piece of visual heaven. My love of old fashioned chalkboard art has been found in some great pins of this graphically wonderful illustrative art that is seemingly popular right now.
Dana Tanamachi is a terrific chalkboard illustrator whose work I am enamored with. Her fabulous talent was  the main focus on the cover of O Magazine February 2012 where she created O Magazine's first hand lettered cover. I think it is really quite impressive go see here. Also, while at Dana's site check out her mesmerizing video of her process.
I too have been playing with the idea of chalkboard art, however I would like mine to be more permanent.
Take a look here.....I know it looks like real chalk, right?

I am working on some ideas for my art journals and I promise to share these fun techniques with you real soon. Have a great day bloggers!



1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...