Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Chalkboard Paint + Art Journaling and No Halloween Decorating Mojo

Chalkboard paint in my art journal
I am still having a great time playing with this awesome chalkboard paint I blogged about here.
Using it with other paints and papers gives a whole other quality to art journal pages that you don't get with any other medium. It must be the bold black that grounds the pages and brings the eye to focus easier on the words. 
Chalkboard paint in my art journal
Yep, it is true...I wish I had more motivation to do the Halloween decorations this year, but I simply do not. I do have gourds and lots of mums and so, that is how it is going to be. There is a whole lot of other things I am getting done and working is one of them :/   
 So no guilt. 
I like this little circle I painted and then drew the fox in with colored pencil. I use colored  pencil on all of the areas of the chalkboard paint. And this charming little spookette is a stamp from Stampotique, they have some very cool stamps, go see.
Chalkboard paint in my art journal
And there candy corn was first colored in solid with white and then I drew in the yellow and orange colors. 
Chalkboard paint in my art journal
Otherwise those colors would have not  been so vibrant on the black paint.
The other paint is yes, you guessed it....my favorite....Designers Gouache.
Now, this page is ready for my personal words.
I have a feeling I am going to find myself in the basement digging out the Halloween decorations before the week is over....if not, I have gourds and mums and a few small hooked pumpkins ;) 
 I will show you later...but here is an idea...
I sold this on Etsy a few years ago and I have always wanted to do more. I will keep you posted. And, if you don't have the Halloween decorating mojo, be okay with that and go find something else creative to do, I know I will.
Thanks so much for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...