Sunday, October 6, 2013

More Chalkboard Art Journal Pages-Chalkboard Paint

Chalkboard Art
Hi there visitors, I wanted to share some more of my art journal pages with the chalkboard style that I talked about in my last post.
And now I must tell you that although when I first started playing with this medium I created the recipe for making my own chalkboard paint in order not to have to buy a quart of chalkboard paint. But that was over a year ago when I started dabbling in this, and since I have found the small 4oz. bottles of chalkboard paint  from by Americana from DecoArt.
Available online here in The Shoppe at Somerset.
I have tried this wonderful paint and have found it to be fierce, yes, that is a good thing. It really is remarkable and much easier than my recipe in my article in Art Journaling by Somerset, Autumn 2013. It is much more convenient to use and even though the directions call for two coats, I have found that one coat applied evenly and well with a flat brush is sufficient in my art journals. So, by all means try this product if you want to experiment with chalkboard paint. I would definitely still use the colored pencils for writing and drawing. It is better to not have your work smeared away if you use chalk.
Here are some more pages in my journals playing with this medium. 
Chalkboard Art

Chalkboard Art

Chalkboard Art

Chalkboard Art

Chalkboard Art

Chalkboard Art

Chalkboard Art

Chalkboard Art

Chalkboard Art

Chalkboard Art

Chalkboard Art

Chalkboard Art

Chalkboard Art
I hope you are inspired to try this paint and play in your journal. Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...