Sunday, December 29, 2013

December Catch Up

Well, here I am the last few days of December and as much as I wanted to blog during the past month, it just didn't happen. 
But here is a glimpse at what did happen during the month.
I made many embroidered felt trees for adhering to gift tags.


I embroidered the french knots on the felt or stitched with my sewing machine using wool thread
Next I ironed on a two sided fusible web, then cut out the trees and then ironed the tree onto the tags.
I made tree trunks by either coloring in with a brown colored pencil or stitched a small zigzag stitch.
And although I am a culinary graduate, I do not spend much time in the kitchen anymore but this time of year calls me to create my decorated cookies that I have been making for over twenty years. 
This year I was on my own, no crabby teenagers who don't enjoy the process. I think I was able to get more done without anyone else to deal with. Here are the fruits of my 
Christmas cookie labor.





These snowmen and women turned out so cute, I must admit I got this idea from Pinterest.
This particular Pinner has a great cookie collection see it here.
I hope you had a happy, healthy holiday season.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...