Sunday, September 27, 2015

Hand Carved Stamps Tiny Stamps Post No.1

It might be a bit obvious to those who have been visiting here for awhile that I do like to utilize all of the rubber from any sheet I ever carve from. Maybe it's the culinary training and years in food service that I have the 'waste not, want not' consciousness. Being convinced to throw away or let go down the drain as little product as possible. It's called getting a high yield from your goods. So I guess that carries over into my art making world as well.

After transferring my image from tracing paper onto the rubber in the best fitting space, I cut it away from the larger piece. 

There are always scraps from this process and hold on to all the bits and pieces from the rubber I cut away.


Then I transform them into tiny stamps.

This is simply a sampling.

Some get mounted on wood, some get mounted on thick foam, some get mounted on cork and some stay unmounted. 

I think they are so much better looking on paper than as a stamp, but that's just me.






Look at this little unmounted guy, even though it's little it still can make a great impression. Forgive the pun.

So now since this post is titled Tiny Stamps Post No.1 , I guess that means I have to publish a Post No.2.

Thanks for stopping by and check back for more of my Tiny Stamps 







3 comments:

  1. Wonderful stamps... it just goes to show what you can do with "leftovers" when you have a vision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I am a fan of your work and that means all your stamps. You are so good at it. I always eat my leftovers.. LOL. Sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...