Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Quilted Pillow



Fall is such a great time to play with fibers. With my Mother-in-law's birthday coming up I decided it was time to try this Wonky Log Cabin block I got from Quilt Dad. He has other versions of Wonky Log Cabin blocks that look fun to try.
Since I am not a precision sewer and everything I do has a bit of a "wonk" to it anyway, I thought this would be perfect. And it was..."perfectly imperfect". I was actually making two of these at the same time. The other one is not finished. Since I am more of collector of fat quarters, rather than yardage I had to run to The Red Barn and get my sashing fabric and fabric for the back of the pillow. Always an excuse to buy fabric or any kind of art suppy for that matter.
I found this black print with tiny yellow flowers and I just adore it. I think I will go get more to add to my stash. Of course, I had to throw in a few Kaffe Fassett fabric and some batiks. But, I like how the black sashing grounded the whole block. I hope you all are enjoying gorgeous a fall. I know us New Englanders are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...